ArmyWags @ forumotion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping safe

Go down

Keeping safe Empty Keeping safe

Post  manuiti Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:19 pm

Just thought I'd copy Cheeky's post from the main site over to here as a good reminder.

PLEASE keep in mind OPSEC and PERSEC when you are posting on the boards.

I reiterate my previous threads of being aware of what you (and others) are posting. If you don't feel comfortable with what a person has posted and think it gives too much away PM a mod or that particular person and ask them to edit the thread.

ANY dates, times, flight times etc should NOT be posted on the site, if you need to inform someone about things like this send a PM and be careful of posting too much info about your oh (ie don't give his full name, d.o.b., service number etc out on the site)

I know in the main we are all very aware of this but this is just a reminder and also a reference for new members.

As always, any queries, worries etc please PM a mod

Happy (and safe) chatting

x x x

Last edited by manuiti on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
manuiti
manuiti
Admin

https://armywags.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Keeping safe Empty A reminder from the MOD

Post  manuiti Thu May 03, 2012 1:07 am

CAN WE PLEASE REMIND YOU ALL .......
"Social media has enabled our service personnel to stay in touch with their families and their friends no matter where they are in the world. We want our men and women to embrace the use of sites like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube, but also want them to be aware of the risks that sharing too much information may pose. You don't always know who else is watching in cyberspace.

"The MOD Headquarters has its own Facebook, YouTube and Twitter feeds and we see no reason to stop our personnel from tweeting or posting on their own walls. But the MOD has a responsibility to warn personnel of the risks they could be exposing themselves to, hence the launch of this new campaign."

'Think Before You...' is a reminder that personal and operational security should be a primary concern and that social media merely provides a different context where sensitive details can be found.

Major General Lorimer added:

"We do not want to scare Service personnel, families and veterans and we certainly do not want them to stop using social media. We are not here to gag people because we acknowledge the ubiquity and significant benefits that social media offers to people and the MOD. I am a big fan of Facebook and Twitter and I use them on a regular basis. These channels are vital to communicating in a digital age."

Risks to Service personnel - and potentially their families - include posting details and locations of troop movements, operational events, locations and travel details of ships or aircraft, as well as people's home addresses. If inadvertently released, information such as this could give the UK's enemies the upper hand.
manuiti
manuiti
Admin

https://armywags.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down